A variety of factors can lead to or contribute to an automobile accident, but when accidents are the result of a hazardous road condition you may be entitled to benefits and compensation to help you recover emotionally, physically, and financially. If you are a victim of dangerous roads, you need to know your rights and be aware that the road authority responsible for the road is accountable for designing and maintaining safe roadways. Holding the governing body in charge of this roadway accountable for the condition of their roads is not easy and often requires a skilled auto accident injury attorney.
When do you need the professional help?
The HARRISON PENSA™ Personal Injury Group is always ready to answer all your questions and help you with this complicated situation. The most common dangerous road conditions that may result in accidents leading to injuries are:
- Failure to provide a safe environment for the pedestrians, bicyclists, or drivers. (Example – No signals where a signalized intersection is warranted, no crosswalks for pedestrians at dangerous intersections, hazards to bicyclists due improperly maintained bike lanes or road surfaces.)
- Defective design of the road. Not only dangerous curves and slopes but also insufficient sight-lines or inadequate signage or illumination where needed.
- Uneven surface of the road and potholes can damage cars, bicycles, motorcycles, and be the cause of an accident.
- Improper maintenance of the roadway â€“ failure to clear snow and ice or other debris in a timely manner, failure to provide proper drainage.
These hazardous road conditions and defective designs should be regularly inspected and repaired, and when the road authority fails to do this they may be held responsible for any injuries or damages their negligence causes. People who are injured in accidents that happen because of the road conditions are entitled to fair compensation to help them to recover.
What damages the victim can recover:
- Pain and suffering
- Past, present, or future medical expenses
- Long-term care
- Past and future lost wages
- Lost educational expenses if the victim is a student
- Lost ability to perform household duties
- Emotional distress
How the attorney can prove your accident claim case
Lawyers in the HARRISON PENSA™ Personal Injury Group know that each case is unique. We understand the many factors that can help prove your accident claim to receive benefits and compensations. Get to know more about your case during a free consultation with our knowledgeable team of experienced lawyers! Call, email, or drop by our office today.
Have a Question? Please visit our FAQ page, or Contact us today.