Vehicle Accidents FAQ

What should I do if I am involved in a vehicle accident?

If you are injured in a vehicle accident — whether that vehicle is a motor vehicle, recreational vehicle, or any other type of vehicle — you should get medical attention and should report the accident to the proper authorities and your insurance company as soon as possible. If possible, get pictures of the collision.

What should I bring with me when I first meet with my lawyer?

If available, your lawyer will need information such as police reports of the accident, medical reports detailing the injuries you and your passenger suffered, photos of the accident scene if available, and the names and insurance contact information of all the parties involved.

Is there a time limit to file a personal injury claim for a vehicle accident?

Those who have been injured in a vehicle accident may have as long as two years after the date of the accident in order to start a tort claim for those losses.

Does it matter who was at fault in a vehicle accident when making a personal injury claim?

No, you can make a claim for a vehicle accident even if you were partially at fault. Drivers, passengers and even pedestrians who have been injured as a result of an accident can make a claim, even if they were partially at fault. Those who are partially at fault can claim for their losses from other at-fault parties to the extent that those other parties were at fault for the injuries.

A word from our clients

default image

"Foremost, Mr. Rady is a wonderful and caring Lawyer. He will go above and beyond to ensure that you understand."
Read More

October 16, 2019

<< Prev
Next >>

HARRISON PENSA ™ is a full-service law firm representing private & business interests throughout southwestern Ontario.

 find out more
WE MOVED. 130 Dufferin Avenue, Suite 1101[More]